neverwinter nights stand alone server error

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jan 22 15:08:01 2004

Norberto:

Tsk, tsk, tsk!

Norberto Quintanar <nquintanar AT yahoo DOT com>
wrote:
> 2GHz PowerPC G5
> Here is the Summary
> [...]
> Subtotal $3,298.00
> [...]
> Now go over to the Dell Site and see how many
> PC's you can buy with that price tag.
>
> Dimension 2400
> Includes 17" Flat Panel!
>  PentiumŪ 4 Processor at 2.40GHz with 533MHz
> front side bus
> [...]
> $699

While I see your point, I think you made a poor
comparison. A Dell Pentium 4 at 2.4 GHz is not cutting
edge, and therefore might be more comparable to
Apple's 17 inch iMac at US$1,699 (eudcational
discount). While still $1000 more than the Dell, they
are more in the same ballpark.

An appropriate comparison for the PowerMac dual 2 GHz
system you described might be the Intel Xeon dual
processor at 3.0 GHz with DVD-RW/CD-R, 120 GB hard
drive, etc.:

$4,650.97 (from Dell's educational site)

... and this doesn't even include the AMD or Intel
equivalent to the 64-bit processor that the G5 sports.

Of course, if you *want* a $699 computer, we can't
stop you. ;-)

Best wishes,
Clint
(who just bought a used Dell 966 MHz 'puter for $220
to further his Linux habit)

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald
AT sbcglobal DOT net>