neverwinter nights stand alone server error

Andrew yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jan 22 19:21:01 2004

> Yes, PPC users are quite hungry for software.  On its reliability,
> it'd better be!!  Here at work, we just got our "discount code" for
> Apple products.  So for $hit$ and giggles I thought I'd go over to
> the website and see how much I can "save" on a Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5
> Here is the Summary
>
>  Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5
>  512MB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200) - 2x256
>  160GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm
>  ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
>  Apple Studio Display (17" flat panel)
>  56k V.92 internal modem
>  SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
>  Apple Keyboard & Apple Mouse - U.S. English
>  Mac OS X - U.S. English
>

> Subtotal $3,298.00
>
> Does not include shipping
>
> Now go over to the Dell Site and see how many PC's you can buy with
> that price tag.
>
> Dimension 2400
> Includes 17" Flat Panel!
>  Pentium® 4 Processor at 2.40GHz with 533MHz front side bus
>   Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
>   17in Flat Panel Display
>   FREE Shipping!
>   FREE CD-Burner Upgrade - ONLINE ONLY!
>   Featured at
> $699
>
> includes shipping.  Leaving you a princely sum of $2600 That's a
> retirement account contribution!!
>
> This isn't a PPC vs. Intel  argument.  I obviously use PPC products,
> but $3300!!!!

That is crystal clear... :)
Since I work pretty hard for my money I must agree with you. "Dude, get
a Dell" can't be wrong.. Its all about the individual's opinion / point
of view, again. As im looking through the kitchen's window I notice my
neighbor bought a golden BMW 3-serie. Sweet ride that is! But the
bill(s) came along. For what it cost him for a full tank of gaz, my
Mazda 323 sedan (aka Protege) can get two and go twice as far.. but
thats not a sexy BMW. hmmm? :)

I have bought this second-handed computer (the one i'm using right now)
for CAN 800$ Here is what I got:
-G3/300Mhz 1MB backside cache
-256MB RAM
-Two 9GB SCSI
-ATI Mach64 6MB video
-IMS TwinTurbo 8MB
-AppleVision 850 non-AV
-2 USB bridge
-Firewire
-24X ATAPI CD-ROM
-4x CD-R
-1GB JAZ Drive + 5 cartridges
-AGFA ARCUSII SCSI Scanner
-keyboard and mice, of course :)

thats it. I could have got a gigahertz PC fast-enough for most of
today's games and softwares with probly a DVD player and everything that
fit today's capitalism fashions.. but hey dude, I could have install YDL
on it!! :)

My neighbor love BMWs. I love Macs even if they cost (a little) more.
I've found myself a family with the Mac users community. I will always
remember that old friend... he had a Mac too...he played Marathon
too...we hooked up the two Macs with a printer-cord and off-this-world
we went for hours and hours and hours. So much fun we had. All the
things we shared. Thats why I stick with Apple.
We are a family

*Andrew now feel warm from the inside*