G3 boot

R. de Ruijter yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jan 28 16:04:01 2004

Hi all,

I've managed to install YDL on my mac Blue&white G3. There are 3 partitions
including a bootstrap (1 mb) as the installer requested. When rebooting my
mac doesn't boot to Yellow Dog but boot's to the ?/face icon.

To avoid this I have altered the boot device to hd1:1,\\tbxi etc (tried
hd0:0, hd1:0 and so on). Because OF doesn't recognize my keyboard I have to
type " (5C)' to get the \ (backslash). this does not work in combination
with the setenv command so I used pci/.... This doesn't seem to work.

I know that ydl is fully installed, My question is what do I have to alter
to boot directly into YDL?? (No Mac OS instaled).

Thanks,
Kris