turn ibook with ydl 3.01 into wireless accesspoint/router

erik yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jan 28 16:37:01 2004

Stefan, Clinton and all the other readers,

Thanks for your reactions. I haven't been clear in my first email. I
want to built a wireless network so I can run networkservices like a
dhcp-server streaming audi and/or video server, a chatserver, a
webserver etc. and access this services with other wlan equiped
computers without the use of a real wireless accesspoint .

192.168.1
    +----------+
    |          |
    |   A-box  |::::::
    |          |.2   :
    +----------+     :
                     :      +-----------+
    +----------+     :   .1 |  ydl      |
    |          |     :::::::|  3.01     |
    | B-box    |::::::      |192.168.1.1|
    +----------+     :
                     :
    +----------+     :
    |          |     :
    |          |.4

Most of the networkservices will run on the ydl 3.01 box. Access to the
internet and network adress translation (NAT) is not needed. I guess the
ydl 3.01 box has to act like a router for the rest of the wlan-network.
I hope someone can give me a hint, suggestion, direction or a packagename.

With friendly regards

Erik de Wild