powerbook g3 internal fan + YDL 3.0.1 ?

James Mandy yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jan 28 19:12:01 2004

Hi,

Im running a lombard G3 which I've recently installed YDL 3.0.1 onto...

I've noticed the internal fan never seems to come on. /proc/cpuinfo shows an
average of 55-57C (uncalibrated)

it sometimes shoots upto around 65C when really working the CPU...

the underside of the machine gets very hot.

does YDL have fan control? is this a software or hardware controlled
internal fan? perhaps I need to replace the fan. hrmmm.

I never noticed when it had MAC OS on it (got the laptop, used the MAC OS
for a day, binned it, installed YDL)

If I need to replace the fan, is there any kind of directions on what i need
to dismantle to get to it? I can see it under the keyboard however it doesnt
look like it's going to come out that way...

Many thanks,
James