yaboot boots os x, not linux, b&w g3

Jeffrey Bruton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 2 12:19:02 2004

Maybe if I understood the syntax better I would have been able to hack
the right OF path-to-kernel, but not as of yet.

my devalias output had the following:

ide0     /pci/@d/mac-io/ata-3@2000
cd        /pci/@d/mac-io/ata-3@2000/disk@0
zip       /pci/@d/mac-io/ata-3@2000/disk@1

ide1      /pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0
hd         /pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0/disk0
ultra0    /pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0/disk0
utlra1    /pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0/disk1

ultra1:2,/vmlinux did not work, I also tried variations on this, as
well as ultra0 variations.

before I continue hacking at this I think I need to understand what
this path is saying, let me try

ultra1:2   <-- this is an alias to the second partition on disk1
,/vmlinux   <-- the path to the linux kernel on that partition

In the output of yaboot I got

/pci@8000000/pci-bridge@d/Ultra-Tek100P@4/0,0:2,/bootvmlinux-2.4.22-2f:
Unable to open file, Invalid device.

I tried the full OF path from devalias with the full kernel name which
I assumed would be the same as the error output from above

  /pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0/disk1/bootvmlinux-2.4.22-2f

no go. Well, this is where it stands now, not too sure what to do,
going to reread some documentation and see if something clicks, thanks
for all the help so far