How to boot a New World without graphics card?

John Weir yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 2 13:17:01 2004

thank you all for the advice.

turning of Kadzu did not work.

i have not tried the below yet, but will.

when i do try to boot with no graphics card no entries show up in the
boot.log, nothing.

i do not know much about the whole boot process, but my guess is that
linux is never even booting.  so the boot is not failing, it is not
happening.

perhaps the problem lies with yaboot?

i have tried adding novideo to the yaboot.com and run ybin, but i
really don't know the proper syntax and i have not found any good
documentation for yaboot and video.  on the other hand i might be
barking up the wrong tree.