New Kernels - nothing but black screen, "W" and frozen computer

David Wadson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 8 05:35:02 2004

That was the first thing I tried, using the PPC config file in the
"/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8d/configs" directory. This is just bizarre to
me because I don't get any sort of kernel messages. I don't think the
computer even gets far enough to be able to write anythin to dmesg.

Today i'm going to try with an install on a Power Mac 7200 instead of
that 4400. Maybe that'll help...

Dave