Ibook CPU Temperature amiss.

Donald L. Gover yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 9 09:23:04 2004

  I was wondering if something is amiss with my YDL 3.0.1 install, with my
Ibook or if this is the way it's always been and I just noticed. A day
or so back I did a cat /proc/cpuinfo for reasons I don't know and
noticed that the CPU temperature was indicated as between 3 - 7 C on my
500 MHZ Ibook. I thought this was odd and looked at my 7600 running in
the basement and it said something like 30 - 35 C. which seems a little
more likely. So Then I started watching the Ibook from time to time.
When the system powers on cold it read 0 to 10 Degrees C. After running
for a while it reads something like 4 to 7. Is this cause for concern?
Is my Ibook broken? Or is something amiss in the kernel that is causing
the Temp to be reported wrong? I did try going back to the Stock YDL
kernel but that didn't change the values reported.

  Don....