YDL 4.0

Henry A. Leinhos yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 13 07:10:01 2004

At the risk of joining a flame war, I'd have to say that a little more info
for the users would be greatly appreciated (progress so far, show-stoppers,
a real time-line, etc), so that we (as users) can actually plan.  I have
another Powermac coming online, and I want to know if I should hold off on
installing Linux on the thing (if YDL4 is close to release), or if I should
stick to 3.0.1 and do an upgrade later (upgrades between major revisions
have been, well, painful -- fresh installs have usually been safer)? Or, as
some have suggested, should I look elsewhere for another Distro?  All valid
questions for a user's list.  I've been using GARNOME to get Gnome 2.6 on my
YDL3.x machines, which is far from optimal.  Freshrpms has been great, but
one needs information to plan.

$0.02

Henry