FreshRPMs and GIMP

bruce woller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 20 17:54:01 2004

Just a note on gimp 2. -- I thought I couldn't live without it on linux
after I tried it on OS X - somewhat of a mistake.  I seem to have
broken my font server with fontconfig-2.2.96 and messed up my old
version of gimp 1.3 in the process.  If you try it be warned that there
are about six new packages to be installed from scratch (i.e. no rpms
exist) and for a fumble fingers like me it takes about 4 hours to just
get X11 working again (I'm still not quite there) - The end result:
still no gimp 2 because configure still can't see fontconfig > 2.2.0
even when it is installed and X11 that won't start from boot but can be
jiggled from the CLI if you hold your mouth just right and I seem to
have lost a bunch of fonts along the way.

let the builder beware!

Bruce