Linux text editor = or > BBEdit

Kevin Murphy yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 3 20:38:01 2004

Greg Hamilton wrote:

> emacs.
> Then you'll grow a long beard and start wearing sandals with socks and
> your standards of personal hygiene might slip a little but your
> general quality of life

Hah, I was wondering what's been happening to me lately.

Re: BBEdit vs emacs: one thing I've noticed with emacs, at least on OS
X, is that it does not handle huge files well, unlike BBEdit (or so I
recall - it's been a long time since I've used BBEdit).   When I try to
edit a file larger than virtual memory using emacs (like an 8 GB XML
file I downloaded yesterday), it aborts.

Any comments on this?

-Kevin Murphy