Linux text editor = or > BBEdit

J.T.Blaylock yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 5 16:57:07 2004

Eight freakin' gigs?! WOW! Well, you asked for comments. You didn't=20
specify relevant or intelligent ones. :-) I haven't fooled with it=20
much, but I'm having trouble getting my head around emacs, and vi for=20
that matter. I did manage to fake my way through adding my self to=20
/etc/sudoers with visudo, though. I have books. I'm having an even=20
harder time getting my head around $170 for a text editor. College=20
students love free stuff. I'm still only using pico. I guess my text=20
editing with Linux is simple enough so far for just pico. I like to=20
think of myself as an =DCbergeek in training, capable of understanding=20=

advanced computing topics, so its a little embarrassing when I find=20
myself reading tutorials for text editors. Linux sure has given me a=20
run for my money, geek-wise. Strange, considering Linux is free. I=20
actually don't have YDL installed right now. I felt it was disrupting=20
my iMac's aura. I will try again when I have $90 for an external=20
FireWire/USB 2 HD enclosure for my $60 after rebate 160GB Western=20
Digital and YDL 4. Wow, so much stuff you all don't care about. Sorry.

J.T.