Installing YDL 3.0 on a Mac G3

Jason Warm yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 14 16:39:02 2004

You have what is know as an "old-world" Mac.  So yes, you do need to =20
have SOME mac OS installed.  I know Apple offers I THINK OS 7.5 for =20
free from their website.  I don't know if it will work on your G3 and I =20=

am not sure you can use BootX (the needed boot program) under OS 7.5.  =20=

YDL has a great guide at =20
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/installation/ydl3.0_guide-=20
single.pdf.  Why they don't post this at HTML as well I don't know.  =20
But if you follow the instructions in there for Old World Mac you =20
should be good to go.

Jason