check gtk version

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 23 07:20:02 2004

Hi Ron,

On Wed Jun 23 06:00:01 2004, Ron Flory wrote:

> > On Tue Jun 22 17:41:01 2004, Ben Buchanan wrote:
> >
> >>How can I check what version of gtk I have installed?
>
>     gtk-config --version
>
>   This is a small script provided with the GTK environment
> that is intended to be used by humans, or by apps compiled
> against GTK needing to know something about the installed
> GTK libs.

This will only work if you have the gtk+-devel RPM installed
and will not work for gtk2, since they changed to pkg-config.
For gtk2, assuming you have the gtk2-devel RPM installed, the
equivalent command would be:

	pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2.0

The rpm commands I gave earlier are generic and don't require
you to have the "-devel" packages installed.

						-Bill