pbbuttonsd and middle click

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 2 11:59:00 2004

At 19:15 +0100 on 2004-3-2 R. Hirschfeld wrote:

 > BTW, powerprefs is not included in the pbbuttonsd package.  Is it
 > available in another YDL package or is downloading and compiling the
 > source the best way to get it?

I don't know, I built it from sources gotten from
http://www.cymes.de/members/joker/projects/pbbuttons/pbbuttons.html

As a matter of fact, after installing it I discovered that I am more
confortable with editing /etc/pbbuttonsd.conf instead.  The
configuration file is well documented in the respective manual page
pbbuttonsd.conf(5) whereas the powerprefs dialogues tend to be obscure
at times.

 > > The most convenient way to go is probably investing in a three-button
 > > mouse.  That's how I am doint it, though on the road I find myself in
 > > the position of using the built-in trackpad and being unhappy about
 > > the lack of more buttons.
 >
 > Are three-button mice still available for ADB?

Oops, sorry, I did not notice the ADB part...  All I can find at a
decent price is a two-button mouse, see

    http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=149685

If you don't mind a trackball instead, also see

    http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=240504

I am not quite sure what are the compatibility issues (if any), my
machines are legacy-free (no ADB ports) so I had no chance of trying
any of these mice.

Two buttons as opposed to three is not a huge problem, you could
simulate middle clicks by pressing simultaneously the two buttons (I
believe that the stock YDL XF86Config is set up this way).

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.