OT: OSX mounting external firewire drive

Greg Hamilton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 10 15:16:01 2004

Forget about using mount. There's an OS X command line utility called
disktool which does the job. There's no man page but if you run it with
no arguments it prints comprehensive usage information.

I use an external firewire for backups. The backup script uses disktool
to find the backup volume, mount it and unmount it once the backup is
finished. If you get stuck feel free to send me e-mail off the list.

Greg