Cannot run install disk

Charles Trois yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 16 02:09:01 2004

le 4/03/04 20:01, yellowdog-general-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com =E0
yellowdog-general-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com a =E9crit=A0:

>=20
> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 08:49:38 -0800 (PST)
> From: Norberto Quintanar <nquintanar@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: Cannot run install disk
> To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
>=20
> I had a similar problem once when I tried to install Mandrake over
> the YDL partition.  <--I know I know....
>=20
> I used a partitioning tool that allowed me to zero out the YDL
> partition and leave it free space, without messing with my mac os
> side.  I'm trying to find the floppy it was on to tell you what
> program it was.  I do not know if Mac OS 10 has a tool for you to
> use, since I stopped using mac OS's at 8.1.

Norberto,

I see now that I have failed to react promptly to your remarks, and I am
sorry for it.

As it turned out, the source of the trouble lay in a USB hub. After I had
disconnected all peripherals, the installation went well. Then I set up the
USB part again, without using that hub, and everything is all right.

Thank you for the trouble you took answering me.

Charles