outgoing e-mail and PINE (fwd)

Mark Alway yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 24 21:01:02 2004

Yes, you can configure Pine to do this.  It's a hidden feature though.
 From the Pine Main menu select "Setup".  Then Select "C" for
Configuration.  Scroll way down to the "customized-hdrs" field.  It
should show "<No Value Set>" by default.  Set the value to:

From: 'Firstname Lasname' <emailaddress@domain.com>

Exit setup and save the preferences as you do.  That will allow the From
header to show the address you desire.

-- Mark

= Mark Alway                                       =
= Lead Software Developer                          =
= Ed-Tech Development Group                        =
= Educational Partnerships & Learning Technologies =
= University of Washington                         =
= Box 353080, Seattle, WA 98195                    =
= 206.616.3406                                     =
= always@u.washington.edu                          =