New Programs

Robert Lyons yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 3 19:50:01 2004

Hello All,

While I am not new to Linux, I am very new to Yellow Dog. I run Slackware on my PC's. I am having some  very newbie problems.

I really only have two programs that I want to install on my powerbook:
xine (or equiv. for DVD playback)
bibletime (bible study software for the KDE desktop)

I have tried to compile both of these from source, but I am running into all types of dependency problems. If I need to add some more things during the install I can start over, but I do not think it should be this hard to get this going.

This almost makes Gentoo PPC seem easy :-)

Thanks for your help or any Tips for installing new software on YDL

By the way I am using 3.0.1

Robert