New Programs

Ed Sutherland yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 4 08:20:01 2004

Hi Robert,

I had the same problem as you: I'd insert and audio CD, it was
recognized, but no sound. First thing, make sure it is mounted. Next,
make sure you are using xmms-cdread (or something similar that can work
with audio CDs.) Be sure to read the audio cd howto on the YDL site. Be
sure to set your audio output in xmms correctly, depending on which
environment you are in (KDE uses one server, Gnome uses another.)

As for a YDL forum, you can always post to
yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com. (Although, it is not
archived.)

Ed