MOL ROM for New World OS on Old World Mac's

David C. Hacker, DVM yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 4 20:07:01 2004

--Apple-Mail-1-188876205

Have you went to www.maconlinux.com?  They have a tool there called
tomeview and an ethernet update package there.  If you download the
ethernet update package and open it with tomeview there is a copy of a
rom file in it that you can use to run OS 9 on your old macs in MOL.
There are directions there too.

David C. Hacker, DVM
212 N 1st St #2
New Salem, ND 58563
(701) 843-8179
On May 4, 2004, at 6:11 PM, Schwarzkopf, Eric wrote:

> Has anyone had any luck with running MOL for the following type of
> Mac: New World OS (OS 9.1 - yes OS 9 is considered New World), and Old
> World Hardware (PowerComputing PowerCenter 150, with a Newer
> Technology G3 PCI Upgrade card, XClaim-3D PCI video card, and 192MB of
> RAM, and 4x12 CD-Burner) or similar hardware, mostly concerned with
> OLD World Hardware with New World OS compatibility...
>
> (Please do not respond if you either have ALL Old World, or ALL New
> World Mac's)
>
> Everything I have found that talks about Old World is talking about OS
> 8.6 or older and of course the older hardware that runs it as well, or
> the newer hardware running OS 9.x or OS X.x, nothing that combines
> both old and new...

--Apple-Mail-1-188876205

Have you went to www.maconlinux.com?  They have a tool there called
tomeview and an ethernet update package there.  If you download the
ethernet update package and open it with tomeview there is a copy of a
rom file in it that you can use to run OS 9 on your old macs in MOL.
There are directions there too.

David C. Hacker, DVM

212 N 1st St #2

New Salem, ND 58563

(701) 843-8179

<excerpt><smaller>Has anyone had any luck with running MOL for the
following type of Mac: New World OS (OS 9.1 - yes OS 9 is considered
New World), and Old World Hardware (PowerComputing PowerCenter 150,
with a Newer Technology G3 PCI Upgrade card, XClaim-3D PCI video card,
and 192MB of RAM, and 4x12 CD-Burner) or similar hardware, mostly
concerned with OLD World Hardware with New World OS compatibility...</smaller>

<smaller>(Please do not respond if you either have ALL Old World, or
ALL New World Mac's)</smaller>

<smaller>Everything I have found that talks about Old World is talking
about OS 8.6 or older and of course the older hardware that runs it as
well, or the newer hardware running OS 9.x or OS X.x, nothing that
combines both old and new...</smaller>

</excerpt>
--Apple-Mail-1-188876205--