boot failure

Thomas Sorensen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 5 07:34:01 2004

Longman, Bill wrote:

>After reading your info I went into my XF86Config file using pico and
>changed the default color to 8 and I was able to boot into YDL for the first
>time, however since then I have had intermittent boots and now when I am
>able to boot the font size is soo huge I can't navigate the page. The first
>time I was able to get in I went to the system settings and selected the
>correct monitor in the system settings but there is no choice for the stock
>valkyrie card in the video card section, is there a way to add this?
>
>I don't know the answer to this, Tom. Someone else may know which driver is
>used for the valyrie. Google around for "mac OR YDL valkyrie X driver" and
>see what pops up.
>HINT: to Google archives, try  '<keywords> site:terrasoftsolutions.com'

I went into the X86Config file and evidently the screen size dimensions
even though it said inches went into a metric table and that is why the
font was soo huge, ran Xautoconfig again and it is fine. I am going to
put in an old ATI video card tonight and try that, this 8 bit color is
nasty. My next undertaking is to try and get my Sonnet G3 card to work
with this thing, it is soo slow now that I would be better off running
OSX, any insight on this endeavor would be appreciated. Thanks