ppc g4 128mb video card

Christopher C. Burnham yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 15 12:43:00 2004

Hoping I can get a little consensus-
very recently purchased a ppc g4 128mb video (ati mobile radeon 9700)
through apple direct and soon installed ydl 3.0.1 which installed fine.
I picked the Generic OF Compatiple Monitor w/fbdev
Seems to want the Titanium 15 monitor (2003) version

It seems to work except for these faint little snowy lines going
horizontal across the screen. They only appear in about a third into the
screen from the right, top to bottom.

I don't see this at all when in OSX...

Everything seems set correctly (1280x854, thousands of colors etc...)

Now, as I noticed this I also noticed a tiny little scratch in the lower
part of the screen, maybe 2-3 mm in length, in the same area as these
snowy lines. (annoying)

My question is this, does anyone else experience this sort of video
behavior with these new graphics cards? Better ideas on configuration?
or would getting my screen replaced under an Apple warranty hopefully
fix the problem? I kind of want to replace the screen anyway because two
days new and noticing that little scratch is a bit upsetting...

Thanks
cb

--
Christopher C. Burnham <ccburnham@speakeasy.net>