Gnome is dead. Remove/reinstall possible?

Baruch Stone yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 21 13:38:01 2004

My machine: Powerbook Pismo 400 with YDL 3.0.1 installed.

Problem: Gnome is mostly dead. No longer do I have multiple desktops, things are missing, doesn't work right. (I am using KDE now, which is basically Gnome, but I don't like it as much).

What happened: It seems the clock got reset to 1904. When i powered on the machine I got a whole host of errors when logging into gnome. I was prompted to delete some files and I said yes. When I fixed the time finally I was able to get into gnome but by this time it was severely injured. I can get into kde but I'd love to get gnome back.

My goal: to remove and reinstall gnome, repair gnome, ressurect gnome, etc.

What can I do?!