YDL 4.0

sloopy yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 26 17:26:00 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 15:36, Ryan Nix wrote:
> It comes out Mid-June according to yesterday's mailing.  It will be
> based on FC2.  2.6.6 kernel
>
> Clinton MacDonald wrote:
>

> > helgegrimm@abitours.net wrote:
> >

> >> Now I learned that YDL 4.0 will only "be supported" on "new world"
> >> Macs. What does that mean? Will it really be impossible to install it
> >> on older machines?
> >

> > I do not know the answer to this question. However, I have to ask:
> > where does one learn about YDL 4? I have not seen anything on Terra
> > Soft's Web site. Have I missed an important announcement? Is this an
> > Internet rumor? Is more information available to subscribers to YDL.net?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Best wishes,
> > Clint
> > (who feels so out-of-the-loop)

Yes they said at the posting of the YDL roadmap that Old World machines
will not be supported... i have talked with a TSS/YDL employee about
this, and it is true but YDL4 'should' work on OW machines, its just
that bootx and quik will not be included in the official release, and no
support will be given...

ok the bad news is over...

on to the good news...

i will be working on makeing a how-to on installing YDL4 on Old World
machines when YDL4 is released. the 2.6.6 kernel should work on old
world, as i am running a 2.6.5 on my 8500 currently.

sloopy.