Does Red Hack suck?

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Sun Nov 7 08:17:12 MST 2004

On Sunday 07 November 2004 12:22, Simeon Wiehler wrote:
> My experience runs surprisingly parallel to yours, Thierry.
>
> Ubuntu is not perfect(!!)  Pbbuttonsd occasionally dies for no apparent
> reason, mouse emulation appears not to be able to use my key preferences
> for buttons 2 and 3, and it is Gnome based, which is a bit like trying
> to get around in a strange city for the KDE-happy me.  But it has an
> active developer community, and while I will continue to watch YDL with
> interest (and just a little nostalgia) just in case things suddenly
> change for the better, Ubuntu will stay on my PowerBook for now.
>
> If nothing changes in the next few months, here is one Enhanced user who
> will be canceling his subscription.  Terrasoft, are you listening??

We probably will be two. As I previously stated, I could accept that YDL 4.0
is not yet ready, but that they expect to sell it as a GA version...
I've been a supporter for some time and I won't regret my ydl.enhanced fees.
But if I had bought the official release and find the sound not to work, I'd
be  fairly unhappy.
I'll keep discovering Gnome on the Apple, and if I really can't do with it,
I'll go back to YDL 3.0.

Thierry

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former" - Albert Einstein