What now?

GDB-B&W-X.3.6 slugg0 at adelphia.net
Sun Nov 7 15:09:43 MST 2004

Okay, I've heard many times on this list about the fact that you are not
supposed to use the startup disk option from within OS 9 or OS X once
you have YDL and yaboot on your system.  What I have not heard so far is
what happens if you do?  That is the only thing I can think of that may
be causing my problem.  I don't remember doing it, but I was so used to
doing it before installing YDL that I may have done it without even
thinking about it.  In any case, my B&W (rev2) 400 Mhz machine will not
restart in OSX no way, no how, even after completely removing YDL and
doing a wipe of the HD.  Presently I have a single partition on my 80 Gb
HD with both 10.3.6 and 9.2.2 installed on it.  From within OSX I can
use the startup disk option and restart in OS 9 with no problem.  Once
in OS 9 I can restart into OS 9 with no problem.  But no matter which OS
I am using I can not restart into OS X without zapping the PRAM at least
once.  The general consensus is that my OF is corrupted and there is no
way to fix it without sending the logic board in for repair.  Prices
I've been quoted for this procedure is more than I originally paid for
the computer so I found another board on the swap list which I will try.

Just a message from Doug...