Ubuntu 4.10

Brian McKee besomethingelse at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 11 07:07:17 MST 2004

On Thursday, November 11, 2004, at 03:08  AM, R. McFarlane wrote:

>         I had thought of installing Ubuntu but given that it can not
> use existing package management files , that kind of puts me off. I
> don't mind "rolling my own" (a.k.a. compiling from source) but to do
> it for everything I want gets to be a lot of work. I much prefer yum!
>

> Sincerely,
>
> R. McFarlane

Can you explain your concern better to me?  Ubuntu has 'apt' which is
often called the best of the package management systems.  Debian people
sure think so anyway :-)   I would think it at least the equal of yum.
  And while I haven't looked I thought the ppc packages available were
pretty extensive... What don't I know?

Brian