Ibook Dual Usb Fan Problems

B1smooth b1smooth at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 20 07:14:40 MST 2004

My G3 ibook is behaving strangely; periodically it prompts me to
shutdown/sleep/restart without me pressing anything. Sometimes it
completely shuts off by itself. I have my ibook in pieces currently and
the fan doesn't spin what so ever. Can anyone with a G3 ibook tell me
what regularity their fan spins? The fan is near the very top middle off
the keyboard..below the lcd, behind the little white grate.

Thanks
B1
A healthy diet  includes Linux, Linux, and more Linux.