shifted screen ydl 3.0 on iMAC 400mhz

Pat Plummer, MD blacksun at ix.gotdns.org
Wed Nov 24 18:51:31 MST 2004

If memory serves, I had this problem on an iMac back around YDL2 or so.
It would be all right when booted into MacOS, but off in linux.
Fortunately, my ANS doesn't have this problem :) .

If this is occurring with the command line interface, I think you can
use the fbset command to move the display on the screen. The man page
is out of date (it says), but I'll bet that the -move
{left|right|up|down} arguments will do what you want. Use the -step
argument to say how much in pixels/pixel lines. It seems like I had
rc.local do this automagically at every boot.

Otherwise, in X, the Display settings app will allow you to fix this.

Now, if only we could get one of the gurus to fix quik's memory
limitations, I could upgrade ix (my ANS) to YDL4 :( ...

HTH,

Pat