YDL 4.0 frequency scaling

Andrew Zschetzsche zsche004 at mrs.umn.edu
Sat Nov 27 13:19:22 MST 2004

Yes, I looked there and gave the command you wrote, and it worked.  Giving
echo "performance" > scaling_governor
raised it back to 1.2ghz.

It accepts when I give it "userspace", but nothing changes.  It just stays
at whatever frequency it was when I gave the command.  "ondemand", however,
is listed via 'cat scaling_avaiable_govenors', but it does not accept it
when I attempt to change it.

At least now I can change it manually, so now it looks like getting
pbbuttons or pmud or cpufreqd to change it when the power source changes.
Any ideas for that?

> hvae you had a look in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq
>
> it contains:
>
> cpuinfo_max_freq  scaling_available_governors  scaling_driver
> scaling_max_freq
> cpuinfo_min_freq  scaling_cur_freq             scaling_governor
> scaling_min_freq
>
> my scaling_available_governors contains:
>
> powersave userspace performance
>
> and the command:
>
> echo "powersave" > scaling_governor
>
> lowers my cpu speed (as reported by cat /proc/cpuinfo ) from 1ghz to
667mhz