MOL - Mac on LInux

Eric D hideme666 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 1 12:25:41 MDT 2004

Dan Wilson: Can you give me a rough run-down of what you did to get MOL
working (I've read through the sharplabs item)?

I'm also not entirely sure whether I'm going to have access to the kernel
2.4.22-2g. I already ran 'yum update' and this kernel version was not
present in the /boot directory.

Do I have to add the URL for the updates site listed in the sharplabs FAQ to
get this 2.4.22-2g kernel (and/or run 'yum update kernel' explicitly?)?

[FYI: I don't have access to my machine right now since WebMin doesn't seem
to be allowing me to login through its ssh interface and my Win NT 4 (SP6)
computer at work doesn't have ssh installed (& I don't have the admin privs
to install it)].

Did you use the in-built version of mol (0.9.69), the one installed by 'yum
install mol' (0.9.68 for me) or the version available on maconlinux's
website (0.9.70)?

A slightly un-related question: how would one re-install a package (like
mol) off the install CDs?

Eric.