Brightness control on Apple 15-inch LCD Studio Display

Henry A. Leinhos henry at leinhos.com
Fri Oct 1 12:28:34 MDT 2004

Hi,

I've got a 15-inch ADC flatpanel apple studio display connected to a 466 Mhz
G4 (digital audio), and I was wondering how would I go about setting the
brightess on the display (no buttons on it besides the power button)?

(BTW, I posted earlier regarding low-power mode on this display, and read up
on the DPMS option for XFree86, but the dpms modes don't seem to turn off
the backlight on the display, so the display turns white in dpms 'standby'
mode -- any suggestions as to how to get the backlight to turn off during
dpms standby?)

Also, is there a way to turn now the startup "bong" volume in Openfirmware
(I don't have any MacOS on the system, so I can't set it that way...)?  It's
a bit loud with the apple pro speakers connected...

Thanks in advance.