For Matthias Saou - Thunderbird 0.8.x, Firefox 1.0x

Geert Janssens geert.janssens3 at pandora.be
Sat Oct 9 03:07:24 MDT 2004

Hi Matthias,

You have built Thunderbird 0.6 on my request, for which thank you very
much! Unfortunatly, this version can't import mail from mozilla yet. So
for now, I'm still stuck with the latter, since my mailbox and address
book is rather large.

So I looked for a source RPM for a more recent version in the fedora 2
repository, but I couldn't find one. And building such a program from
source is a little bit beyond me.

Could I ask you to provide an updated version of Thunderbird in your
Freshrpms collection?

Also, Firefox is shipping in version 1.0x now. Would it be possible to
update this in your repository?

Maybe these applications are already shipping with YDL 4.0, I don't
know. I will be running 3.0.1 for a while still.

Thank you

Geert Janssens