[OT] - Downloadable Mac OS

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Oct 13 09:34:17 MDT 2004

Rick Thomas wrote :

> Also beware that System 7.5.3 may not run on your machines.

Yup, seems like MacOS < 7.6 wasn't meant for G3s or higher.

> There's an Apple TIL that give a matrix of which old Mac models are
> compatible with which old MacOS versions, but I can't locate it right
> now.  I'll followup to this posting if I find it.

Here it is :
http://www.knubbelmac.de/mirrors/til/til8970.html

I'd also be interested in an easy and known-to-work way to install a basic
MacOS (never to be used except for booting) then Linux on my beige G3.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 2.91 (FC3 Test 2) - Linux kernel 2.6.8-1.607
Load : 1.49 1.33 1.24