A few things

Steve Roy yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 05 Sep 2004 21:15:59 -0400

On Sep 5, 2004, at 8:54 PM, Roger Scow wrote:

> I'm a newbie, too, and can't make mol work.  BUT, I will take a stab at
> some of your questions.  YMMV.

As long as it's free. ;)

>> - I installed Thunderbird using yum but it's version 0.6. I tried
>> installing the latest 0.7.3 that I downloaded from mozilla.org but
>> when
>> I try to run it I get an error saying thunderbird-bin can't be
>> executed. How can I get the latest Thunderbird running? Or is there an
>> RPM of the 0.7.3 release available somewhere?
>
> If you d/l'd the i386 version of T-bird, it won't run on a PPC.  Try
> FireFox.

Firefox and Thunderbird are two different things. Firefox is a web
browser, Thunderbird is a mail client, both courtesy of mozilla.org. I
did download Thunderbird from
<http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/#install>.

> Now, how about coming over to my house and making mol work? :-)

I don't know if you read my adventures on the newbie mailing list, but
I had a heck of a time getting it to work myself. I basically went
around the earth, only to go back to where I was and just "re-yum" it
from scratch.

Steve

--
Steve Roy <sroy@mac.com>