What about Linux-on-Mac?

Zugwrack yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 09:05:35 -0500

Or better yet just use the opendarwin project to use the same
applications that are run in linux, except they have been ported to
run on the darwin layer in OS X. I have tried Fink, and there are too
many items that are broken, or still xperimental...I use Pan
newsreader, in Fink portage I have no text in any of the menus....when
I contacted the person who ported it to run in Fink and explained the
situation all I got was dunno works ok on my system.... With
opendarwin you don't have that concern because it is running as a
OpenDarwin(Unix) program...just like when you execute commands from
the terminal.  Just my 2 cents