PowerMac G3 question(s)

Andrew Zschetzsche zsche004 at mrs.umn.edu
Thu Sep 23 15:05:08 MDT 2004

Hi everybody,

My university is preparing to sell some Yosemite G3 Macs and before I dish
out some precious clams - I'm a poor college student ;) - I have have a few
questions.

A) I understand Yosemite's are supported by YDL3, is there any special
tweaking for it, or should I expect some installation and operation (mainly
X windows) problems?  I just want it to run apps and to do some c++ coding.
I understand that it uses OpenFirmware, so I'm over that hurdle.

B) Will YDL4 support it also?  And if there are things that don't work in
YDL 3, will they work in YDL 4?

I can get a nice big monitor with it, so it with linux on it will make a
nice addition to my new iBook G4.

Thanks,
-- Andrew Zschetzsche
zsche004 at mrs.umn.edu
aim: zsche004
msn: zsche004 at mrs.umn.edu
UMM Mail 1262

--The best answer to a problem with multiple solutions is often the simplest
one.