Bad Ydl 4.0.1 install on a Mac mini

Norberto Quintanar nquintanar at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 16:52:49 MDT 2005

<http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2005-May/019195.html>

--- Brian Wood <beww at bresnan.net> wrote:

> Well if the "other" distro's X works at 1024x768 I'd start by just
> copying the X config file from it over to YDL, X is X after all.
>
> As for sound, I believe I read someplace that no Linux distribution
>
> supports the Mini's sound chip at present, one reason I just bought
> a G4
> iBook instead of a Mini. Now I'll put YDL on my old G3 iBook and
> have
> some fun.
>
> Jim Ricken wrote:
>
> >Hello folks
> >I just purchased a Mac mini over this past weekend.
> >So I decided I would try running Ydl 4.0.1 on it,I wiped out the
> hd and
> >made 2 partitions, 1 for Mac OS 10 and the other for Ydl 4.0.1.
> >The install went fine,but I had some trouble with changing the
> screen
> >resolution from 800X600 to 1024x768,the screen got all fuzzy and I
> could
> >not make out anything.also I had no sound.
> >so I gave up and went with Ubuntu,but it is not perfect
> either,still no
> >sound.
> >I would still like to give the dog one more try.
> >Can anyone help me out?
> >Thanks
> >Jim                                                Mac mini
> (256mgs ram,
> >80gigHD, 1.4mhz G4 proc).
> >HINT: to Google archives, try  '<keywords>
> site:terrasoftsolutions.com'

> HINT: to Google archives, try  '<keywords>
> site:terrasoftsolutions.com'

--Norberto Quintanar

"You belong to something bigger. From birth. And your life is spent rediscovering the underlying principles, through various players -- coaches, mentors, teachers, spouses, kids. It's in your genes. Your responsibility. Destiny. Is all on you.  Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
--Norberto Quintanar