Installing Lame & Pine (....) -- Renewed Heartfelt Thanks!

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Mon Aug 8 14:28:54 MDT 2005

 On 5/2/05, Mark Guertin <guertin at brucemaudesign.com> wrote:
>>> http://web.brucemaudesign.com/~gerk/pine-4.63-1.ppc.rpm
>>>
>>> Of course it comes with no warranties, but I just built it here and it seems
>>> to run fine ;)  I built it with all the stock options.
>>>
>>> How do we submit to the YDL contrib section?

I still don't know that; maybe you can't, come to think of it -- Fedora
for instance no longer includes Pine, and you have to get it yourself from
UW. The PineMasters insist on comp.mail.pine that they're compelled by law
(being after all technically officials of the State of Washington) to
insist on their license.

But they do have links to non-UW builds; maybe they'd carry this one, too.
Mark, if you follow c.m.p (or gmane.mail.pine.general), please mention it
there; if you follow neither, by some chance, I'd be honored to do so for
you -- with your permission, of course.

Anyway, I had mentioned this thread on c.m.p, and found that mention again
there, thus rediscovering the way back here.

So, having recently had to re-install YDL4, I just went and got your rpm
again (with an FC4 PC) -- and then did what I couldn't've in May: scp'd
not only it, but my .pinerc and .addressbook (and .addressbook.lu) over to
the iBook from there.

Works like a charm. Many many thanks yet again! I don't like touching any
machine I can't run Pine on.

--
Beartooth Neo-Redneck, Linux Evangelist
FC4, YDL 4; Pine 4.63, Pan 0.14.2.91; Privoxy 3.0.3;