Would you buy cpanel and whm if we made it for YellowDog Linux?

Clinton MacDonald clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 21 19:06:09 MST 2005

Mr. (Ms?) Star:

Hex Star wrote:
> I'm not paid to do this, I'm in no way endorced or rewarded
> for posting this to the newsgroup, I myself would like this
> for YDL since I run websites on YDL and I thought that at
> least those of you here who host websites as well on YDL
> might be interested in having cpanel/whm as a helpful aid.

That is useful information as far as your bona fides are concerned.

> ..sorry for bothering, I can tell it was a
> mistake

Not necessarily. It is just that many here and in other Open/Free
Software communities are wary of commercial interests that do not give
back to the community. For instance, things like your post with regards
to the "mol problem" were of great help.

I just think you have to be a little more verbose in your posting to
make sure that your motives are transparent to all. For instance, if you
are, in fact, a satisfied user of cpanel who wants to stir up support
for the cpanel folks to port it to YDL, you should have made that clear
in your initial post. More people might have rallied to your cause, or
even suggested free or inexpensive alternatives that might accomplish
the same tasks for you.

Good luck, and welcome to the YDL community!

Best wishes,
Clint