Would you buy cpanel and whm if we made it for YellowDog Linux?

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 19:21:33 MST 2005

The whole reason I started this post is because I know most clients
who are looking for hosting will chose a host who uses cpanel over a
host who uses say, usermin which is what I'm currently using, the
development of cpanel and whm for ydl will thus greatly benefit those
of you who are running a hosting business off of ydl based servers or
are simply just running your own webserver with ydl

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:06:09 -0600, Clinton MacDonald
<clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Mr. (Ms?) Star:
>
> Hex Star wrote:
> > I'm not paid to do this, I'm in no way endorced or rewarded
> > for posting this to the newsgroup, I myself would like this
> > for YDL since I run websites on YDL and I thought that at
> > least those of you here who host websites as well on YDL
> > might be interested in having cpanel/whm as a helpful aid.
>
> That is useful information as far as your bona fides are concerned.
>
> > ..sorry for bothering, I can tell it was a
> > mistake
>
> Not necessarily. It is just that many here and in other Open/Free
> Software communities are wary of commercial interests that do not give
> back to the community. For instance, things like your post with regards
> to the "mol problem" were of great help.
>
> I just think you have to be a little more verbose in your posting to
> make sure that your motives are transparent to all. For instance, if you
> are, in fact, a satisfied user of cpanel who wants to stir up support
> for the cpanel folks to port it to YDL, you should have made that clear
> in your initial post. More people might have rallied to your cause, or
> even suggested free or inexpensive alternatives that might accomplish
> the same tasks for you.
>
> Good luck, and welcome to the YDL community!
>
> Best wishes,
> Clint
>
> --
> Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT net>

my website: http://www.johnscompany.net, premium hosting and much much
more coming soon so check back often...the topsites and guestbook is
back! check out johnscompany.net for more info