YDL install problems on a B&W G3

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Thu Feb 24 19:10:23 MST 2005

In order to boot from CD, the CD drive must be connected to the ATAPI bus
(not the ATA bus nor the SIIG card), and it must be jumpered master. There
is no way around this with current versions of yaboot. This is the most
likely cause. The second most likely cause is that the non-stock CD drive
has crippled firmware. You can test whether this is the case by sticking
the CD drive in a PC and trying to boot from it.