hopping wifi networks

Neill Miller neillm at thecodefactory.org
Tue Jan 4 20:02:49 MST 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:40:22 -0500
Rich Baker <rich at richandcandy.com> wrote:

Hello,

> Using KWifiManager is the only way I know to see which network it's
> actually connected to.  Is there any other way?

Bummer.  In my experience (with an Orinoco card), even hopping to
different networks worked fairly seamlessly, but it sounds like that's
not the case for you.  Any chance it's not only the essid that needs to
be set?  Have you tried specifying any other fields to match a
particular piece of hardware such as the AP address (also in the
iwconfig man page)?  Or possibly just reducing the sensitivity of the
card?  Other than those kinds of things, I'm really not sure what to
suggest.

Good luck,
-Neill.

--