I am back!

GDB-B&W-YDL maniacmac at softhome.net
Wed Jan 5 21:54:22 MST 2005

It's been some time since I posted to this list, but I have been
subscribed in one form or another since I first got my B&W G3 and
installed YDL on it.  For anyone who remembers, I was having a problem
with yaboot and my OSX partition.  My computer would not restart in OSX
without zapping the PRAM.  I tried many different things to fix the
problem, even purchased and installed a spare motherboard!  The problem
turned out to be my HD.  When I bought the computer, it came with a very
small 6 Gb drive and I decided to put in an 80 Gb HD that I had used in
several different comptuters prior installing it in this one.  I booted
from an OSX CD I had and reformatted and partitioned the drive.  I just
figured that reformatting the drive would sufficiently wipe whatever was
there from the many other OS'es I had used the drive with and never gave
it a second thought.  At some point in my dealings with this problem I
remembered that at one time I had installed a PC boot manager program
called Boot It NG, and I also remembered that this particular program
was very difficult to erase from the HD.  It turns out I had purchased a
brand-new 40 Gb HD for another project I was working on, so when the
spare motherboard I bought did not fix the problem I decided to try the
new HD.  Shazamm, the problem disappeared!  The computer boots and
reboots from all the different OS'es on it now just fine.  Long story
short (too late!), I'm happy to be back and continue where I left off.

Just a message from Doug...