XFce4 4.2

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Sun Jan 16 20:29:50 MST 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:47:52 -0500
Derick Centeno <aguilarojo at verizon.net> wrote:

<snip>

> I visited www.xfce.org and the interface does appeal to me.  But if all
> that attracts you is the "progress bar and percentages, etc." you can
> get that more efficiently and using less monitor real estate by using
> gkrellm in ANY interface,even KDE. gkrellm reports on i/o, ethernet/ppp0
> transactions, HD reads/writes across each and all disks, all and
> individual processes, CPU statistics from user and system calls, Memory
> and Swap, and reports total uptime, time date and kernel in use, and
> host name.  Oh yes, and email accounts both remote and local!  If you
> want split screens that can be done by right clicking and making
> modifications as one pleases to that screen and

..and what? :-)
I was about to build off the tarball but a last minute flash came to me:
What about this "Graphical Installer"? I gave it try and have been sooo
pleased by what I've seen I just had to report my sudden burst of happiness.
In my original post "progress bar" was a reference to XFce4's graphical
installer. GKrellM won't tell me how far a 'make' process is on.

> Each person's choice of interface should be unique to one, but I thought
> you might appreciate what gkrellm can do first before you choose a
> feature set truly available in ANY interface one pleases via gkrellm.

Im running GKrellM with "invisible" theme since day1. Its soooo fine and
it wont bug down the whole system even when set for 20 updates per seconds.

Actually, this sole screenshot stole my heart:
 <http://de.lunar-linux.org/xfce4/screenshots/snap_VII.jpg>
...the MenuEditor!