When bad things happen to good Mac's [OT]

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Thu Jul 21 11:23:21 MDT 2005

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:20:39 -0400, Mark Guertin wrote:

> Are you sure you recreated the partitions exactly as you had them?  I
> suspect there is a patch partition missing if you still cannot boot,
> and that drive setup.  Is there any unpartitioned space on the
> drive?  Drive setup can most certainly use unpartitioned space to
> create new partitions, have done it many many times.
>
> Mark

Oops! This was intended to be in that last message as well: Just how does
one use Drive Setup to utilize unpartitioned space? All it has is an
Initialize button that lets you specify custom partitions, but it always
writes new partitions in the place of all the old ones. Is there some
kind of hidden feature (cmd-shift-opt-something) that lets it create
partitions without touching what's already there?