Another angle on FC4.ppc -- maybe ...

Rick Thomas rbthomas55 at pobox.com
Thu Jul 28 14:08:31 MDT 2005

Hi Beartooth,

Remember to check the md5 checksum of the ISOs after you download them,
and before burning them.

On macOS-X you do this with

>>> openssl md5 thingie.iso

where thingie.iso is the file you just downloaded.

Look in <ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/iso/>

the 4.0.1 iso's (the ones you want to use -- the 4.0 ISOs are broken)
are called

>>> yellowdog-4.0.1-orion-20050208-install1.iso	654,888K	Document	Tue,
>>> May 24, 2005, 3:41 PM
>>> yellowdog-4.0.1-orion-20050208-install2.iso	650,036K	Document	Tue,
>>> May 24, 2005, 3:41 PM
>>> yellowdog-4.0.1-orion-20050208-install3.iso	653,618K	Document	Tue,
>>> May 24, 2005, 3:41 PM
>>> yellowdog-4.0.1-orion-20050208-install4.iso	222,664K	Document	Tue,
>>> May 24, 2005, 3:41 PM

Then md5 checksums are in file

>>> md5sum	1K	Document	Thu, Mar 10, 2005, 7:37 PM

Note that the checksum file refers to them as

>>>  yellowdog-4.0-orion-20050208-install1.iso

etc.  For some reason they drop the ".1" from the version name *but
retain the date* which is the clue to their real identity.

Go figure!

Rick