Hot Sync Palm OS device

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Tue Mar 8 00:25:35 MST 2005

You have established that your device can sync over /dev/usb/ttyUSB0, so
the info from dmesg is moot. Give the following few commands as root now
to make life a little easier:
chmod 0666 /dev/usb/ttyUSB0
ln -s usb/ttyUSB0 /dev/pilot
ln -s usb/ttyUSB0 /dev/visor
ln -s usb/ttyUSB0 /dev/palm
What program do you intend to use as your PIM? If you intend to use
KOrganizer or the KDE programs, install KPilot. If you intend to use
Evolution or the GNOME programs, install GPilot. JPilot is like the Palm
Desktop in that it is self-contained.